1. Certified equipment and cleaning solutions – Look for a professional air duct cleaner who uses equipment and products certified by the Carpet, Duct & Rug Institute, which means it is a Seal of Approval company. Unlike machines you rent or buy, the portable steam cleaners or truck-mounted machines professionals use have a super strong suction that enable them to extract deeply embedded dirt and stubborn stains – more so than other machines. If you have small children or allergen sensitivities and are concerned about the application of air ducts chemicals, find companies that use eco-friendly cleaning solutions that are plant-based and natural.
2. Industrial-strength vacuum power – Experienced professional cleaners know that vacuuming before proceeding with a deep cleaning is crucial to achieving the best results.
3. Don’t break your back – Another bonus is that professional cleaners will your furniture out of the room before cleaning. No need to break your back or rent a dolly. Plus, once the ducts are dry, the cleaner will move all of the furniture back to their original places. Just make sure moving furniture is part of the price you are quoted and not an extra fee.
4. Improve the air quality in your home – Regular vacuuming will only remove surface dirt and dust, leaving pounds of built-up grime embedded in your furnace and system. It is recommended that you have your air duct cleaning professionally cleaned once a year – more frequently for larger households and areas with high traffic – to remove deeply layered dirt inside your ducts. A professional duct cleaner’s equipment is powerful enough to eliminate the unseen dry contaminants, improving the air quality inside your home.
5. Save you time – When you clean your air ducts yourself, you have to move the furniture, vacuum all of the ducts, apply pre-treatment solution to your furnace, fill and empty the tanks, and carry and cleaning the equipment when you are done. Phew! Using a professional service means an experienced technician takes care of all of those tasks for, saving you time and a trip to the chiropractor.
6. Avoid mold and mildew – Mold and mildew are common HVAC invaders. Hiring a professional will ensure that your system does not become over-saturated and are properly extracted with industrial-strength suction power.
7. Restore to your carpet to its original beauty and quality – Aside from removing dust , dirt , allergens, professional duct cleaners also aim to restore air quality. Maintaining your ducts with regular professional deep cleanings will help you extend the life of your HVAC units and will leave your ducts feeling and smelling fresh and clean.
8. Protection – Professional duct cleaners also aim to help you protect your home from future mold issues. Ask about having specially manufactured cleaning agents applied to your systemto protect from wear and tear, as well as stains and spills dust and debris.
9. Knowledge of different carpet types – An experienced air duct cleaning technician will have sufficient knowledge of the different types and brands of HVAC Units, and will be able to suggest the best cleaning methods and products for your system. Instead of taking risk using a cheap rental or store-bought cleaning solution, protect your HVAC system from unintentional damage and let a pro expertly clean your ducts.
10. Guaranteed – Find a reputable Air Duct Cleaning service who will offer a 100% guarantee for his work. Reputable companies offer a standard 14- to 30- day guarantee, which includes a free follow-up cleaning if there are any problems with their work.